The 2022 Symposium-Over-Time
Continuing from last year’s successful international Symposium-Over-Time, ICALLD is pleased to offer another Symposium-Over-Time in 2022.
- ALDinHE hosted in Friday, 25 February 2022 (Blog post here)
- SCOTHELD hosted on Friday, 29 April 2022
- ATLAANZ hosted on Wednesday, 20 July 2022 at 8am NZST (Details here)
- LSAC will host the next session in September/October
The 2020-21 Symposium-Over-Time
In the past, ICALLD has hosted an international symposium every two years (see here for details on some of these events). This year, in response to a changing and demanding global context, the members of the ICALLD committee decided to host a “symposium-over-time.” As such, there will be a series of one-hour professional development opportunities over the majority of the 2020-21 academic year, held approximately every two months. Hosts will come, in turn, from each of the member associations. (Note that because of the time differences across countries, the actual date shifts).
- ALDinHE hosted on October 20/21, 2020. (Details here)
- LSAC hosted on December 8/9, 2020. (Details here)
- ScotHELD hosted on February 23/24, 2021. (Details here)
- AALL hosted on May 21, 2021 at 8pm AEST. (Details here)
- ATLAANZ hosted the fifth and final session on 24/25 June 2021. (Details here)
How can I take part in the symposium-over-time?
It is our hope to create a welcoming, participatory environment where members of all associations can come together not only for professional development but for collegial support and community. As such, discussion, questions, and interaction are welcomed and encouraged at all symposium events.
Every symposium session will be available synchronously via web-conferencing; links will be sent out to member listservs in the weeks prior. Where possible, sessions will also be recorded for viewing asynchronously. Presentations and other resources will be uploaded to this website.