The 2020-21 Symposium-Over-Time
In the past, ICALLD has hosted an international symposium every two years (see here for details on some of these events). This year, in response to a changing and demanding global context, the members of the ICALLD committee decided to host a “symposium-over-time.” As such, there will be a series of one-hour professional development opportunities over the majority of the 2020-21 academic year, held approximately every two months. Hosts will come, in turn, from each of the member associations. (Note that because of the time differences across countries, the actual date shifts).
- ALDinHE hosted on October 20/21, 2020. (Details here.)
- LSAC hosted on December 8/9, 2020. (Details here.)
- ScotHELD hosted on February 23/24, 2021. (Details here.)
- AALL will host on May 21, 2021 at 8pm AEST (6am Toronto, 11am London, 11am Glasgow, 8pm Sydney, 10pm Auckland, or Find the time in my location).
- ATLAANZ will host the fifth and final in June, 2021 (date TBD).
How can I take part in the symposium-over-time?
It is our hope to create a welcoming, participatory environment where members of all associations can come together not only for professional development but for collegial support and community. As such, discussion, questions, and interaction are welcomed and encouraged at all symposium events.
Every symposium session will be available synchronously via web-conferencing; links will be sent out to member listservs in the weeks prior. Where possible, sessions will also be recorded for viewing asynchronously. Presentations and other resources will be uploaded to this website.